The application window for the 2016-2018 Teacher Leadership Cohort is now closed.
Please contact Dr. Sarah Lundy at email@example.com for information on future application cycles.
Applying for the Teacher Leadership Certificate
Teacher leaders interested in the Teacher Leader Certificate Program should apply online by July 1st, 2016. Candidates will be notified of their application status by Friday, July 29th, 2016. The following supporting documents are required for an application to be considered for acceptance:
- Personal statement describing a) the candidate’s motivation(s) or goals for pursuing the Teacher Leadership Certificate Program & b) the candidate’s desired outcome(s) from the program experience. [500 Words]
- A brief summary of past & current informal &/or formal teacher leadership experiences that the candidate brings to the program. [500 words]
- Two letters of support for the candidate’s application from recent/current colleagues. Providing one letter of support from a recent/current administrator, and one letter of support from a recent/current teaching colleague, is highly recommended.
- The candidate’s current resume or curriculum vitae.
Applications are due by Friday, July 1st, 2016.
- SCOE will provide personalized and ongoing support for Teacher Leadership Certificate candidates from enrollment through successful completion of the program.
- SCOE will facilitate opportunities for site/district administrators to partner with Teacher Leadership Certificate candidates to ensure meaningful, positive program impacts at the participant’s school/district site.
- SCOE will provide consultation & support for the implementation of the teacher leader’s capstone project at participant’s school/district site following the completion of the program.