Click Below to Apply for the 2018-2020 Teacher Leadership Cohort!
- The Teacher Leadership Certificate consists of 12-14 units/140 hours of academic credit earned through: a) four semester-long courses & b) a culminating capstone experience designed to address a compelling problem of practice in a teacher leader’s own educational context.
- Each semester-long course includes 30 contact hours
- Courses meet four times over a semester for intensive two-day classes.
- Courses typically meet over weekends (Friday evenings & Saturday mornings) to allow program participants flexibility in meeting the demands of the school week. The two-day class design emphasizes meaningful shared experiences that intentionally cultivate a learning community and respond to the unique needs of adult learners and professionals.
- Although university credit is not required, participants have the option of earning up to 12 credits through the UC Davis Continuing & Professional Education Extension Program at a minimal additional cost.
- The capstone experience is developed collaboratively with a teacher leader’s site administrator(s) and grounded in a relevant and compelling problem of practice at the teacher leader’s site. Evidence of the potential impact of the capstone experience on student learning and school culture is critical for demonstrating competency and successfully earning a Teacher Leadership Certificate.
- Site administrators are invited and encouraged to join the Teacher Leadership cohort once each semester, and twice over an academic year, to engage as collaborative thought-partners in connecting the teacher leader’s developing skills and expertise to relevant implementation and growth opportunities in their educational context.